Welcome to my adventures...I have them...promise. A 20-something in Chicago is bound to.

6.2.08

I am the girl of 100 lists.

Or maybe just one. Since this blog should be used to help me grow as a person, I think I'll start a list of life lessons that should be remembered for posterity...or in case I forget number one...which. should. never. happen. again.

1. Never drink half a bottle of tequila, two shots of champagne, and a cup of cranberry juice and vodka in under an hour on an empty stomach. But, mostly no tequila.*
2. Never wax your own eyebrows.
3. Always check your hotel reservations in a small town in Italy. Because, otherwise, you may throw yourself on the mercy of bartenders and kids from Amsterdam.*
4. Always lock the closet door.*
5. Never get emotionally involved.
6. If you think you're becoming emotionally involved, refer back to number 1 and adhere to that rule. Staunchly.
7. Never give your kids the facts of life from "Grey's Anatomy." The book, not the show. Too many diagrams and Latin terms...they'll end up watching porn anyway to get the gist of how things go.*
8. Always listen to the rain.
9. Never fry bacon in anything less than a long sleeved shirt.
10. Never pass up an opportunity to flirt. With anyone.


Ten is a good number to start with. I think I'll leave it be for now and add as I go along. :)




*denotes wonderful story telling opportunity that will probably crop up at a later time.

3 comments:

Gregory said...

I knew exactly who you were the first word.

Love you. Now blog on this site! I want your stories.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Oh, I remember the first one, if it is what I'm thinking of. Hooo boy.

I like this list. I particularly second #s 5, 8, and 10.

Glad you've joined the blogosphere!

Nora said...

Lurve you back, Gregory. Trying to post with regularity. :)

Rachel, are you a blogger, too? You know how I like to stalk my friends. :)